Planned Construction Work: March 21, 2023 and March 23, 2023
Please note that approximately 80 homes will be without water service on Tuesday, 3/21/23, as we continue to work on replacing elements of the 50-year-old water line. And 125 homes will be without service on Thursday, 3/23/23, (some of which will be the same homes from Tuesday). Service outage will be 9am to 5pm.
Tuesday 3/21/23 Outage:
- All of Taurus Drive (except 12202 to 12258)
- Lyra Drive
- Corvus Drive
- Lepus Drive
- Antares: 14721 and 14715
Door notices were placed for above last Friday.
Thursday 3/23/23 Outage:
- All of Taurus Drive
- Lyra Drive
- Corvus Drive
- Lepus Drive
- Arcturus: 12153, 12166, 12177
- Sagittarius Drive East (even homes): 12098 to 12412
- Sagittarius Drive East (odd homes): 12131 to 12389
Door notices were to be placed for Thursday homes on Monday, 3/20/23.
District Construction Updates
Following previously posted on Nextdoor and in the November Newsletter found on the MUD website:
Please note the Point Aquarius MUD will be continuing this fall with our next segment of waterline replacement as part of the continued Capital Improvement Plan. Residents may see increased construction activity in the areas detailed below.
- 11/7/22 to 11/25/22: Capricornus from Anteres to Anteres
- 11/28/22 to 12/23/22: Pegasus from Pollux to Taurus
- 1/2/23 to 1/20/23: Pollux from Constellation Circle to Point Aquarius Boulevard
The majority of construction will be underground, however there may be access pits dug within the right-of-way. There will be 4 to 8 hour shutdowns of water service as the work progresses. We will post exact days as they become available and hope to provide 24 to 48 hour notice.
Please call the MUD Engineer at 281-813-3670 if you have any issues with the construction.
Point Aquarius Municipal Utility District
Through Point Aquarius MUD’s website you can easily find links to the following services:
- Contact C & R Water Supply at 936-856-4199 for information on setting up service, cancelling service, or water bill questions.
- Pay Your Bill
- Pay Tax Bill
Best Ways to Pay Your Bills!
Rest assured that the MUD and our operator do not enjoy nor is there financial incentive in shutting off water service to our constituents/customers due to late/nonpayment. There is indeed some quick turnaround pressures with respect to bill paying, especially in light of what some consider increased spottiness in US Mail delivery. The monthly bills are compiled and ready for distribution/mailing between the 27th and the 31st of each month. You can find out how much you owe each month by one of the three following methods:
- Get your bill in the US Mail
- Sign up for PAYCLIX at WWW.PAYCLIX.COM/POINTAQUARIUS. It is free to sign up. Setting up a Payclix account is very simple. All you need is your account number and current balance due. You will get an email every time your bill has been tabulated and ready for viewing.There is NO cost to review your bill. This option helps alleviate any delays in US Mail delivery or in case you are away from your residence for an extended time.
- Call our Operator, C&R at 936-856-4199
Please take advantage of the following options to pay your MUD bill:
- Check or money order can be mailed to P.O. Box 893, Willis, TX 77378
- Check or money order can be dropped in the drop box at our office at 114 South Danville, Willis, TX 77378
- Use the PAYCLIX account to pay with credit, debit or Automated ClearingHouse (ACH). Please note that in order to help maintain competitive rates and tax amounts, there are costs associated with paying your bill via PAYCLIX:
- Credit – 3% of payment amount plus $0.79
- Debit – 2% of payment amount plus $0.79
- ACH – $0.79
Payments are ALWAYS due on the 15th. Late notices are mailed on the 16th and the last day to pay is the 25th. Service disconnects, if warranted, are completed on the 26th. This is in accordance with TCEQ and PUC rules and regulations.
Contacting the District
The Point Aquarius Municipal Utility District (MUD) is the organization responsible for your neighborhood water and sanitary sewer systems as well as the stormwater collection system. The MUD is a political subdivision of the State of Texas and is governed by an elected five-member Board of Directors.
Direct contact with the Directors can often lead to more responsive and helpful assistance. To contact the board, please fill out the form on the Contact page of this website. It will be forward to the board and they are readily available to listen and respond to any issues or questions you may have.
Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Rate
The Point Aquarius Municipal Utility District will hold a public hearing on a proposed tax rate for the tax year 2022 on September 13, 2022 at 5:00 pm at 13185 Point Aquarius Boulevard, Willis, Texas 77318. Your individual taxes may increase at a greater or lesser rate, or even decrease, depending on the tax rate that is adopted and on the change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in taxable value of all other property. The change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in the taxable value of all other property determines the distribution of the tax burden among all property owners.
Visit Texas.gov/PropertyTaxes to find a link to your local property tax database on which you can easily access information regarding your property taxes, including information about proposed tax rates and scheduled public hearings of each entity that taxes your property.
Sign Up for the District’s Alert System
The District has implemented a text alert system for the residents of Point Aquarius Municipal Utility District. This system is designed to keep you informed of issues related to the District in a quick and timely manner. You may receive messages in text alert format related to the water service in the District, drainage and sewer related topics, and other news that is relevant to the District.
Text message notifications will contain a short amount of information with a link back to the District’s website where the remainder of the information can be viewed.
These notifications are a great way to stay up to date on news and issues within the District and we highly encourage you to sign up and share this information with your neighbors.
If you’d like to sign up to receive important news and updates from the district via text messages, you can send a text message to 346-460-4795 with the word PAMUD and you’ll be registered.